Friday, May 25, 2007

Rocky & Rockette...

The raccoons have returned. They seem to be in dating mode right now.



Two years ago, a pair mated in our backyard, right in front of the kitchen window. I wanted to throw a blanket over them but at the same time, I couldn't turn away. It’s hard to believe we live in the city with all the wildlife hanging out here...




The only critters we don't see much of are the hummingbirds. Our honeysuckle is blooming nicely and we have the feeder on display, but the only hummer we’ve seen is one little guy who zipped around the yard, took a quick drink from the feeder and flew off…




I completed six squares for Greensburg and they are on their way to Kansas…



I also finished two feather & fan cloths, one in sprinkles…



and one in robin egg blue…



Hey look, Darth Vader is renovating our hallway closet…



and he's doing a great job...



This little girl was standing at our patio door, waiting patiently for one of us to feed her…




and that my friends is all for today. I'll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday, when I celebrate my 2nd year at Blogger.






"I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me."
~Mark Twain, 1907