Friday, September 29, 2006

Knitting for Peace...



A new knitting book - KNITTING FOR PEACE - arrived on my doorstep recently. It's a well written and informative look at some of the best known charity/peace/community knitting projects (but surprisingly no mention of Dulaan). I want to knit for all of them but I'm trying to stay focused on one or two projects.

These two boxes are packed with 40 warm hats & scarves (20 sets) and will be heading for Arizona next week...



My second Red Scarf, using Shetland Chunky in Rich Burgundy.

The photo doesn’t give much clarity but the design is TIM’S SCARF in a Farrow Rib, one of my favourite knitting patterns because it’s one row - repeated over and over until you reach the length you need. Even my wonky brain can remember this.


I love our new stairs. They are soft underfoot and easy to clean. Our hallway renos are in the final stages of completion so there should be more photos next Friday. I will say adieu for now and wish you a peaceful week.








“If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.”
~Bob Hope