Friday, September 22, 2006

Autumn in the hydrangea patch...

The blue is turning to mauve in this autumny weather and I have gathered some blooms for drying indoors...




I have 25 sets of hats & scarves ready to ship. I just need to find a box big enough to fit them all...


(If you click on the Dulaan 2007 link in my sidebar, you'll find everything you need to know about knitting for this project).


The first Red Scarf is complete...


I used one strand of Shetland Chunky and one strand of Patons classic wool on 8mms (US11). The pattern is simple:

Cast on 16 sts.
Row 1 & 2: knit across
Row 3 & 4: k1, *kl, pl* across to last st., k1
Repeat these 4 rows to desired length, ending with Row 2.
Bind off.

Finished size of Red Scarf #1 is 6" x 62". I'm hoping to complete another one this week. Teddy loves the warmth of this scarf...


Where’s Teddy…


Hanging around on my foot. A friend gave me these a few years ago and I wear them all the time, hence the fuzzy nap. With the coating on the soles they are perfect for our new stairs and flooring.








"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on."
~Robert Frost