Friday, August 11, 2006

Leftovers...

Each time I knit a dishcloth I end up with a small amount of cotton yarn left over - not enough to make a complete cloth but too much to throw away - so I've created some leftover cloths with my odds and ends.

Sarah is helping me knit a pink cloth from the simple but elegant FEATHER & FAN pattern...


The finished cloth is made with 3 small amounts of cotton: dark pink variegated, pink & blue print and ivory...


Four leftovers in the F&F stitch...


I completed my textured cloth for the Dishcloth KnitAlong and it turned out not too shabby, considering I had no idea what I was doing...

Sarah thinks this would make a snuggly bunny blanket...


I received my yarn package - 3 skeins of Noro Kureyon in colour #90 (navy/purple/magenta/olive) and a skein of Crystal Palace Breeze, 100% cotton in teal blue.

I've already knit up two skeins of Noro and will share photos next week.

I've showered, ate my brekkie, posted to my blog and now I'm heading off for another nap so I'll wish you a peaceful week and see you next Friday.






“Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.”
~J. Lubbock