Friday, December 09, 2005

Christmas Knitting...

I’m don't usually knit Christmas items but a friend requested a sparkly red scarf so this is what I've knit for her:



I used two skeins of Bernat worsted weight yarn that was lying around in my stash. It’s knit on circs in a tube: size 8mms (US11), cast on 45 sts., join in a circle and knit round and round until you run out of yarn or patience. The scarf is 6” wide and 56” long. You can sew up the cast on and cast off seams (which I have yet to do) or you could add fringe.

Three more hats for the charity bin...







They are all knit from free internet patterns, with some major changes to each one. I get bored following a pattern and tend to wander off on my own design.

This was our Dec. 2005 snowstorm:



We’re now back to our regular west coast weather.

O Christmas Tree…

Here’s a very blurry photo of our tree (all fuzzy photos on this blog have been taken by me). K set the tree in place, arranged the twinkle lights and I threw on some decorations. This is the first year since I’ve been ill that we’ve had our big tree up. Usually it’s the Charlie Brown twig but I whined until I got my way this year:




Sarah is listening to Christmas tunes on her solar-powered radio, so I will say goodbye for us and wish you a peaceful week. See you next Friday.




“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
~Dr. Seuss