Friday, November 18, 2005

Over The Rainbow...



After all the rain last week we were blessed with a beautiful rainbow. Sarah happened to be in the backyard at the time and discovered this pot of gold.

Sarah Knits...

or tries to. This sideways scarf is being knit in various shades of purple and green. The colours don't look very appealing just sitting there in a heap but hopefully the finished scarf will evolve into something we'd want to wear.



The next project is a simple 1x1 rib scarf from yarn my knitting friend sent me. It's Gedifra Pantarei yarn from Italy (now discontinued) and so very soft and cuddly. This scarf will be for me, I think.



I finally put together my box of knitted items for the Lewiscraft/Salvation Army "Knit for Kids" campaign - 6 scarves, 2 sweaters, 2 pairs of mittens and 18 hats; not as much as I'd hoped to contribute but the best I could do this year.


No, it didn't snow here. This is a photo from last January. Remember I said the weather channel had promised snow for our area? Well they lied. Now they're predicting sunshine for the rest of this week. I do like the sunny weather but I want snow.




36 Days to Christmas...

Hard to believe, isn't it? Sarah is checking out our Christmas wrappings to make sure we have enough on hand for the holiday season. I'll say goodbye and wish you a peaceful week. See you next Friday.








"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue."
~Dilbert