Friday, August 19, 2005

Smitten with Mittens...



You're looking at the first pair of mittens I've ever knit, at least with thumbs. I did knit a pair of baby mitts a long time ago but they were very basic. For this pair of mittens I used a 2 needle pattern because my hands can’t hold the 4 double-pointeds comfortably. BEV’S mitten pattern for kids is so easy peasy, I finished the pair in two days, and I didn’t rip out once; not once, even though my world was shimmering. That's how easy the pattern is.

Everyone knows you can't wear mittens without a matching hat:



MS Bike Tour...

K rode the 60km route in Vancouver this past Sunday. It was a hot day but most of the route was along the waterfront so the cyclists enjoyed a cooling breeze.

This is a view of where the masses congregated pre-ride:


Ready, get set...



Beyond Yarn...

A UK artist and designer is creating elegant bowls and vessels from knitted porcelain. She creates a knitted form to cover the piece, which is then cast in porcelain. Her work is featured on the LOOP site.

Look what came in the mail today, doo dah...


I picked these goodies up from Jackie at KARP STYLES. I love my knitting books and patterns. I'll probably only knit 1/gazillionth of the items in my lifetime, but they provide me with hours of entertainment and solace.

Around Town...

K took his camera to Garry Point Park in Steveston for some night photography.

This is the popular Steveston Wharf. You can see my favourite restaurant in this photo:


Same wharf, different view:


This hungry critter wasn't aware he was being spied upon as he ate his brekkie:


Freebies...

There are oodles of free patterns at the INTERWEAVE KNITS site in pdf format. The yellow block of highlighted text contains links to patterns by subject and if you roam around the page you'll find lots of extra goodies.

Sarah Goes For A Ride...

We had to make a short drive this week and I thought Sarah might like to come along for the ride. See how careful we were. Sarah was buckled up so nothing could happen to her. She enjoyed herself immensely, but there was some muttering from K about backseat drivers:



Only 128 days to Christmas or 18 weeks. Here's a photo of the teddies partying last Christmas:


And so, dear reader, our weekly chat comes to an end. We’ll see you next Friday. I hope you have only good days ahead. Before you go, Sarah wants you to see her dressed in her woollies:



“The trouble with always trying to preserve the health of the body is that it is so difficult to do without destroying the health of the mind.”
~G.K. Chesterton