Friday, April 05, 2019

Teabag Strings and Other Things...

hello dear reader,
I am having so much fun with knitting a teabag string scarf!  Yes, you read that correctly.  If you Google 'teabag string scarf' you will come across dozens of sites with images of scarves, cowls and even a vest that have been knitted and/or crocheted from teabag strings.
I was inspired by an article I read last year about a knitter in Victoria, Australia who had knit a small scarf from 2,000 strings.  I started collecting mine on July 3rd of last year and so far I've managed this length of scarf.
I have many, many strings to go but I'm enjoying the process so much that it doesn't really matter how long it takes. 

On a more earthy note, my fairy garden is starting to bloom.  I'm not exactly sure what is growing in the garden as I did add several small twigs last year from plants I hadn't identified.  I do know this plant is from my blackcurrant bush and is flourishing quite nicely.
My garden is being watched over by a beautiful fairy:
I pick up all sorts of tiny additions for my garden at the local dollar store and it's probably going to be a bit crowded this summer in amongst the plants.
I hope you keep well and manage to find joy and laughter in every day, dear reader.


"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."
e.e.cummings