Friday, January 06, 2012

Squished...

We knitters are often told not to squish acrylic yarn but I pay no mind...

Here we have a firmly squished Unscrunchable Scarf in Bernat Berella 4 (discontinued now, boo!)...

and my very first crocheted hat from Kathy North's Crochet Hat and Ravelry link...

This is the most easy peasy hat pattern I could find. I changed the single crochet to half doubles after awhile and added a frilly trim along the edge (the flower was knit by a friend). The colour is actually midway between both photos...

Early morning light...

Competition for the peanuts...

I now own a donkey! This little critter (I named him Doug) was sewn by a member of our local seniors centre; she's 90 years young and still making these adorable stuffed toys...

So, a new month and a new year with only one resolution: to enjoy each day to the fullest. See you soon, dear reader.



“Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.”
~ Oprah Winfrey