Friday, January 13, 2012

Cheap, Cheap...

I love making something pretty (and practical) that doesn't cost a lot of cash...

This is my Lacy Scarf knit with two strands of Patons Classic Wool in Cognac Heather and 8mm (US11) needles. I used only one skein (210 yd / 192 m) by knitting the inside and outside strands together on 15sts; it's a quick and thrifty scarf, even more so if you make it in a less expensive yarn that the classic wool.

Final size is 5” x 56” / 12.7cm x 142cm after smooshing with the steam iron...

For the crocheters we have another Claudia Scarf made from 2 skeins of Sugar 'n Cream in Countryside...

I started with 22 sts. and size 4.5mm (G hook). Size after smooshing is 4-1/2” x 60” / 11.5cm x 152 cm...

January sunrise along the river...

It's all about the peanuts...

The rooftops are frosty in the morning and it's definitely scarf weather, so I'll wrap my new woolly creation around me and have a wee walkabout. I hope you have a peaceful week, dear reader.



“Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship.”
~ Benjamin Franklin