Friday, December 09, 2011

Button Up...

I wanted a chubby scarf that would stay in place and keep me warm in this chilly land but I didn't have any chubby yarn so I had to improvise...

I took two skeins of worsted weight yarn and knit them together on 8mms (US11) and made a modified version of the Brulee Scarf - really modified because I used the Sinful Ribbed Scarf for the pattern and the Brulee Scarf for the concept. Final measurements are 6” x 48” / 15cm x 122cm after a light blocking...

I added one button and now I have a scrunchy warm scarf that stays in place and there is no need to make a buttonhole as the stitches are loose enough to allow a button to slip through...

I can also wear it as a cowl, should I want to...

This little brown stripey bird sat still for such a long time, I thought he might want his picture taken, so I did...

peek-a-boo...

December sunrise...

a couple of cubs from the hug, hanging out...

The days are chilly and sometimes sunny and sometimes rainy and sometimes zooming by and sometimes ticking over slowly but they are all good days because I can play with yarn, which I am going to do right now, dear reader. I'll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you soon.



“But what minutes! Count them by sensation, not by calendars, and each moment is a day.”
~ Benjamin Disraeli