Friday, October 07, 2011

up and down...

Another
One Row Lace Scarf (Ravelry link)...

I doubled two skeins of Sugar 'n Cream cotton and knit with size US13 / 9mm needles on 16 sts. to create this fluffy scarf...

The squirrels are in hoarding mode since the weather turned colder, but they always eat a goodly supply of peanuts before carrying the rest back to their home...

The berries are just starting to turn red on our (fill in the blank) shrub (no idea what it's called)...

Still a few blue stragglers...

A cloud watcher's delight...

We have the best sunrises this time of year...

I had a dental appointment this week, just a regular cleaning. I'm always hopeful it will be the kind of visit that ends with “everything is great, see you in six months” but somehow it never seems to go that way, even though I am diligent about my dental hygiene. So next Friday I'm back in the chair for some drilling and filling and impressions and whatnot. Life is always up and down, is it not?

I am grateful for my lovely dentist though, so at least it's not a scary process anymore. At this visit the hygienist covered me with a woolly blanket when I said I was a bit chilly then gave me a pair of sunglasses to keep the light from bothering my eyes; I almost fell asleep during the process. Next week won't be nearly as much fun and I don't know if I'll be able to post, dear reader, but I will do my best.

Either way, I'll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you soon.



"If you expect your life to be up and down, your mind will be much more peaceful."
~ Lama Yeshe