Friday, August 26, 2011

Steveston, My Steveston

Our little town has been invaded by film crews and recently morphed into Storybrooke, Maine, USA for a new tv series...

Even my favourite craft store has changed their name...

We watched the props crew take most of the signs down early one morning after filming, but some signs stayed behind...

This was a slow knitting week as my finger continues to heal but I did manage one little knitted card holder...

The pattern is for a Kitty Coin Purse but for the life of me I could not sew a kitty face on that purse without it looking like something possessed, so I stopped at a single button closure and it works well, even though it's a bit ratty on the edges...

The blue hydrangeas are already muting their colours into autumn tones...

No post about Steveston would be complete without a scene like this...

Now it's time to toddle off somewhere, so I'll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you soon.



“Peace - that was the other name for home.”
~ Kathleen Norris