Friday, August 19, 2011

Crochet To The Rescue...

When I can't knit, thankfully I can crochet...

I managed to badly infect a finger and it's difficult to hold my knitting needles but I am able to manage a crochet hook. I'm so grateful I learned the basics of this craft; when I do sit down and crochet, I realize how much I enjoy the process and wonder why I don't do it more often. It just seems an automatic response to pick up the knitting needles instead of the crochet hook but I think I am going to make more of an effort to expand my crochet skills.

In the meantime, this is the lovely Claudia Scarf (written in UK and US terms) with a chain of 30 stitches, a 4mm hook and a ginormous skein of Sugar 'n Cream yarn...

I crocheted until the scarf was 63 in / 160 cm in length; width is 7 in / 18 cm...

This scarf is wind-proof and incredibly warm, despite the lacy design...

Filling up at the feeding station...

and lazing in the pool on a summer's day...

I will toddle off now to enjoy whatever the day brings but not before I wish you a peaceful week, dear reader. See you soon.



"Whether it is the best of times or the worst of times, it is the only time we have."
~ Art Buchwald