Friday, April 08, 2011

The Little Things...

This happened awhile ago when I had several small leftover bits of Sugar 'n Cream in Natural Stripes and I couldn't decide which cloth pattern to use it for. I started with a Feather & Fan cloth but the blocks of colour were not working well...

So I crocheted my favourite Tulip Stitch Cloth but that didn't look right either...

My next attempt was the new-to-me Round Dish Cloth. I rather liked this one but my brain kind of got away on me and I lost my place in the pattern...

Finally I resorted to cutting and pasting the ball of yarn together in order to get a look I could live with...and at the end of the day, I didn't even care much for this one. Still, it was fun to play and learn. Sometimes it's the little things that defeat us...

However I recently did tackle another little thing and this time it came out just right. I made a tea coaster (or mug rug) out of 15 yards / 13.7 metres of Sugar 'n Cream leftovers. I used the Waffle Knit Dishcloth pattern - Ravelry Link - with 23 stitches cast on. It is too cute under my tea mug...

This is the one and only daffodil in our garden. I don't know why we had such a poor show this year unless it was the incredibly ginormous amount of rain that fell on us...

Crow was willing to brave the rain for some peanuts...

As I write this the sun is shining madly in all directions, so I am going to wander around in the garden and enjoy each moment of sunny goodness. I'll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you soon.



'Get over the idea that only children should spend their time in study. Be a student so long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.'
~ Henry L. Doherty