Friday, April 01, 2011

Green Words...

How are you, dear reader? I never intended to be away this long, but pneumonia is not something you can argue with; if it says you are down for the count, then you better listen. I am weak as a kitten but slowly working my way back...and I have a heartfelt appreciation for the simple act of breathing without pain. There was no knitting done for the past month but I did manage to hold a crochet hook once in awhile...

I seem to be enthralled with my granny squares and now that I have a sizable number I may try putting them together for a blanket. It will be a very colourful blanket, if so...

I have no new knitting but I can show you this cute little towel I made a few months ago. It's the Wheatfields Cloth pattern. I cast on the 42 sts. to my 4mm (US6) needles and kept knitting until I finished one skein of Bernat Handicrafter (80 yards / 73 metres) in Forest Green...

Life is blooming in the garden...

What a joy it is to look out the window and see so many shades of green, including our very new hydrangea buds...our humble garden brings me so much pleasure...

Speaking of green, we have a new green bird feeder. It keeps the squirrels away and the pigeons are afraid to land because their weight makes the the side dip down and they panic and fly off, so it's doing a wonderful job of feeding the small birds and not wasting seed...

Lunch break in the garden...

Now I am going to have another little rest, so I will wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday if all goes well.



“Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity.”
~ Lindley Karstens