Friday, April 23, 2010

Buttons...

I finally made a Leftover Towel complete with button tab…


I can’t believe it took me this long to make one; they are soooo cute and fun to knit…


The big change I made is I knit the whole thing upside down...


I started at the tab and reversed the instructions so I would use every speck of yarn in one skein of Sugar ‘n Cream (Sunny Sky colourway). I knit the tab with 3.75mms (US5) and the body with 4mms (US6)...


Final measurements (with tab closed) are 10.5 in (26.6 cm) width x 12 in (30.4 cm) height. Now if I want to make another one, I can just count the rows of patterns and make it from the ground up and still use my whole skein. Sorry if there are too many pics of this little knit but I just find it so delightful and it makes me smile...


We had some very wet days last week but it didn’t keep this soggy squirrel from her food…


As soon as the sun returned, a robin came for a refreshing bath…


Hydrangea leaves shine after a wash…


I’m late with today’s post and I have very good excuse. I tried changing my blog over to the new "draft blogger" site, but I couldn't understand how to upload photos, so I’m back to the basic blog until they move out of draft. The last time they made a change several years ago, I was almost the last one to upgrade and it looks like the same will happen this time. No worries though, this old blog seems to be working just fine.

So I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



“You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants.”
~ Stephen King