Friday, December 04, 2009

Frosty...

We woke to frost this week…


Everything was sparkly in the early morning light…


It was cold enough to wear my favourite scarf…


and my only scarf; I’ve donated every other scarf I made, but I always thought this one wasn’t good enough for charity. I used so many different yarns and some of them weren’t the same weight or thickness, so the scarf has a tendency to wander in and out in width…


I knit this scarf in 2005 from mostly DK weight yarns on a 8mm (US11) circular needle, casting on 45 stitches and knitting round and round until I ran out of yarn, then I seamed the two ends closed (not very neatly). I love it best of all my scarves, how silly is that…


Scrunchy leaves underfoot…


and the squirrels are bulking up in preparation for winter…


And now I am going to have another long winter’s nap so I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you soon.



“People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile.”
~Lee Mildon