Friday, July 03, 2009

Second Time Around...

This colourful cloth is having a second life…


I received the original cloth in a swap several years ago and I had used it to bits. It was starting to look very ragged, but the colours are so cheery and the cloth had done such good work for me, I couldn’t throw it away.

I unravelled the cloth, stitch by stitch, then threw it on my 4.2mm needles (US6) and knit up a small Basket Rib Dishcloth with the remaining yarn (approx. 45 yards / 41 metres)…


If you decide to try this, you might discover your much-loved cotton is a tad stringy and not as soft and fluffy as the original, plus the stitches tend to stick together tightly, so it will take a bit of patience to pull them apart.

I knit another new-to-me pattern from the Knit Dishcloth Corner. This delightful design is No. 17 – Chandelles/Candles…


It’s in the intermediate range on the site but I found it very easy (and if I find it easy, anyone can make it). I had to stop my cloth a few rows before the finish as I ran out of yarn; I had approx. 54 yards / 50 metres, so plan for more if you want to complete the pattern...


The hosta buds are opening…


This is hydrangea row at the start of the blue season…


A contented visitor…



I was browsing through my kitchen cloth basket and I found a few more cloths that need a new life, so I have some recycling to keep me out of mischief for awhile. I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



"There is always music amongst the trees in the garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it."
~ Minnie Aumonier