Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer Treats...

Don’t these colours remind you of fruit flavoured popsicles…blueberry, banana, orange, grape, lime…summertime colours....mmmmmm…


I recently completed another 50 feather & fan cloths for Canada Comforts, bringing my total to 550…


I can’t believe I’ve knit so many. Now when I pick up my needles, I automatically cast on for another one, even when my intent is to start a different project…


I did manage to break the habit and knit a new-to-me pattern called the Little Lace Kitchen Cloth (the link takes you to 4 free patterns from Carol Bristol Designs). The only change I made to my cloth was to knit the edging in seed stitch…


I’m also following the June KnitALong at Rachel’s Knitting Room (you can join the Yahoo group from a link on the site). Sometimes it’s fun not knowing what the final result will be. I'm using straight needles for the first time in years and finding it takes awhile to get used to them.


and I’ve started a blue Unscrunchable Scarf, but I keep getting interrupted by another feather & fan cloth...


Tibetan blue poppies at the botanical gardens...


Now I'm going to play with my numerous projects whilst enjoying a mug of hot chocolate (it's never too warm for a mug of hot chocolate). I'll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



“Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.”
~Mark Twain