Friday, January 02, 2009

One more time...

another cowl and another attempt at crochet. This is my version of the Crosshatch Cowl


I used a bunch of blue and white cotton leftovers, a size 4.5mm crochet hook and a tiny (very tiny) bit of crochet skill. I started with the requisite 91 sts. but somehow in working my foundation row I lost 4 or 5 sts. and had to fudge the pattern somewhat. You would think as I was only at the beginning row I would start over, but no, I carried on regardless and fumbled my way through. At the time I was coping with an ear infection and the pain was making me goofy (that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it).

I added a button because there are plenty of buttonholes created by the lace pattern and I also have the option of using my stitch markers…


I really enjoy working in crochet. It’s magic to me the way the hook slips through the yarn and produces a stitch and then you combine more stitches and suddenly there’s a row of finished work. If only I knew what I was doing; I think it’s time to dust off my brain and learn more about the art of crochet.

Teddy doesn’t mind my mistakes…


My next crochet attempt might be the Could It Be Any Easier Neck Cozy. With a name like that, how can I go wrong???

Snow….we had so much snow over the holidays…


The squirrels were mostly hibernating, only visiting occasionally for a snack…


The snow is slowly disappearing; soon enough we’ll be enjoying our west coast rain and milder temps. again. It’s been a magical experience…



So dear reader, that’s it for this week. I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday, when I may actually talk about...knitting.




“Get over the idea that only children should spend their time in study. Be a student so long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.”
~Henry L. Doherty