Friday, December 12, 2008

Asymmetrical...

Just when you thought I couldn’t possibly bore you with yet another cowl (and another photo of my ratty old chin)…


This is the Asymmetrical Neck Cozy with a few changes. I messed up the double seed stitch pattern too many times to count before I decided I would just repeat the first row over and over until I finished my skein (it's amazing what you can do if you're willing to compromise).

The cowl is knit with Sugar ‘n Cream, Soft Taupe, 120 yards (110 m). I also used a smaller needle size (4.2mms (US6) and left out the buttonhole (lazy knitter); otherwise this cowl is EXACTLY the same as the pattern…


The finished size is 20” x 7“ (51cm x 8cm). Considering I used cotton yarn, it’s quite warm and cozy…


I’m stockpiling a supply of winter woollies…


whilst little black squirrel is stockpiling peanuts…


Another Steveston sunrise...



So dear reader, I will wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday, when I may inflict more photos of cowly knitting on you. Take care.



“I got the blues thinking of the future, so I left off and made some marmalade. It's amazing how it cheers one up to shred oranges and scrub the floor.”
~D.H. Lawrence