Friday, September 05, 2008

Cotton Towels...

continue to grow here…


I made some smaller towels this week, in the Basket Rib Hand Towel pattern (still my favourite)…


and the Ripple Hand Towel pattern (very nice design but difficult for me to memorize)…


Each towel used one skein of Bernat Handicrafter - 80 yards (73 metres). I cast on 42 sts., size 4.2mm (US6) and knit until I had just enough yarn left to bind off the sts. The finished towels are 8-1/2” x 13” (22cm x 33cm). So, another good use for one small skein of cotton, with no leftovers…


and I can’t stop knitting towels…


They are like cotton candy to me...


Yes, dear reader, there is other stuff going on here besides the knitting of cotton towels. We admired the fishing boats at harbour…


and celebrated A Certain Person’s five years of retirement (this photo was taken last summer, but the smile is still the same)…


I’m off to visit my dentist this morning, so I scheduled this post yesterday; I hope it comes through with no problems. I will wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday. Take care.



“So many tangles in life are ultimately hopeless that we have no appropriate sword other than laughter.”
~Gordon W. Allport