Friday, December 07, 2007

Stormy Weather...

We had some wild weather this week. It started with Sunday’s snowfall…








followed by a Pineapple Express. Richmond received its share of flooding, but not our home, thankfully …


This fellow decided the roof was the only safe place to eat…



I managed to break my cloth knitting habit and finished a Warm Ribbed Winter Hat….


I combined two balls of Kroy sock yarn in Winter Eclipse, cast on 80 sts. (instead of 88) to my 5mm (US8) circular needle and k4,p4 around and around for 10 inches. Small decreases and it was done; an easy peasy hat pattern, toasty warm and it fits my fat melon head (22-1/2”)...


I seem to have replaced my cloth obsession with hats. I cast on for a Seaman’s Cap using Patons Classic Merino Wool in Rosewood colourway …


but I’ve already ripped it out (big surprise) and started A Hat Fit For a Boyfriend which I am knitting for myself. I do love ribbed hats. They stretch or shrink to accommodate most head sizes and the k3, p2 is a soothing rhythm on my needles.

After the storm….



And that my friends is all she wrote today. I have oodles more pictures to share and stories to tell but I don't want to tire your eyes or bore you senseless, so I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.



“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.”
~John Ruskin