Friday, October 12, 2007

Pumpkin Patch...

The 4th Annual Pumpkin Ride was held this week…


and the fields are alive with the colour of orange….


A stop along River Road to admire the autumn view…


The Pumpkin Ride coordinator, wearing approx. 18 layers of clothing to keep out the dampness…



I received the most incredible gift package from a dear friend in Colorado. I now have a lovely new knitting bag, plus some Socks That Rock yarn in Blue Brick Wall colourway (which I am busy turning into a pair of tube socks) and sock yarn in autumny Brindle colours from Stone Barn Fibers


and gorgeous hand crafted stitch markers…



In between sock knitting and a visit to the oral surgeon's office, I did manage to knit a new Ballband Cloth



The birds are feasting fast and furious at our feeders (that was fun to write)….


and mama squirrel is still stuffing her face…


Last hooorah for the blue…



I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you here next Friday.




“I would rather sit on a pumpkin
and have it all to myself,
than be crowded on a velvet cushion.”
~Henry David Thoreau