Friday, October 26, 2007

Blue Brick Wall...

My Socks That Rock in Blue Brick Wall are finished…


This time I used my Skacel 2.25mm (US1) dpns. The gauge is definitely tighter and the socks are warmer but I find it a challenge to use such small needles…



I took a break from knitting with those tiny toothpicks to create more Ballbands…


I’ve had inquiries regarding the edges on my Ballbands. I found an online description written by another knitter last year and aptly named Tidying Up The Edges (it takes awhile to download)…


She goes a step further and adds an i-cord edge, but I can’t make that work for me, so I simply garter stitch and twist the stitches…



Here’s one of mama squirrel’s offspring. The little ones are so adorable but very nervous around humans. When I open the door, they jump straight up in the air as if they had springs on their feet…


Look at the length of that tail…



The hydrangeas are more captivating each day…


We are both slowly recovering from bronchitis. We’ve spent most of our sick time napping, comparing fevers or competing to see who could cough up the largest phlegm ball (just kidding).




Anyhoo, I’m off for another nap, so I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.



“Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.”
~Barbara Jordan