Friday, March 02, 2007

In like a lion...

March 1st was a snow day here in Richmond...



We woke to a winter wonderland. Our neighbourhood was covered in 2 or 3 inches of white fluffy stuff. It had mostly disappeared by mid-afternoon but the odd small patch is still lying around this morning. Thank you, Mother Nature, for that beautiful display. I wonder what the last day of March will bring.


I went on another field trip. This short excursion took me to Terra Nova park in Richmond. In another life I was able to walk the full length of the trail into Steveston (I think it’s about 5 or 6 kms) but now it’s a good day if I can slowly ramble around the entrance to the park.

I managed to capture some snow geese in flight and K, the intrepid photographer, taking his photos of great blue herons…





Last week I knit another version of the Easy One-Skein Hat from my Wendy Knits book. I love this knitting book. The designs progress from simple to more complex but they are all do-able. I have at least 5 projects earmarked for future knitting.



I used the beautiful hand-dyed yarn Vik sent me last autumn.

Even though the hat is simple to knit, my brain was cramping and I couldn’t concentrate on anything more strenuous than a mug cozy for my pen & pencil cup…





Our daffodils must have been confused by the snow falling but they still managed to grow another few centimetres and the buds are just waiting for a stretch of warm weather before they burst into bloom…




As I write this there are snowflakes swirling around in the air while the sun plays hide-and-seek.

I forgot to tell you about the dead appliances in our house and some books I’ve listened to and some movies I’ve watched, but it will have to wait for another time. I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.







“The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.”
~Mary Kurtz