Friday, February 09, 2007

A Breath of Spring...

The first daffodils have arrived in our front flower bed…

In our back yard the tulip leaves are even taller. Spring is coming, yay!


I started a little candy bag from this Knitted Pouch design, using a small amount of leftover cotton yarn...


I couldn’t get my brain and fingers to work with the circular method so I knit it back and forth on 4mm straights (US6) and it was quick and simple.

The finished pouch took only half of the remaining cotton – another fun way to use up left over yarn from knitting cloths. This little bag would work well for Easter or any occasion…



Some Valentine cloths…


I’m still knitting the Feather & Fan stitch but you know where you knit the 4th row of the pattern and it creates a ridge effect? Instead, I purl that 4th row because I like how the feather & fan pattern is more defined when the cloth has been pressed…






Next week I’ll share photos of the sweater I’m knitting for my pet rock, plus updates on our Spring renovations. See you next Friday and I hope your week is a peaceful one.



"A bell is no bell 'til you ring it,
A song is no song 'til you sing it,
And love in your heart
Wasn’t put there to stay -
Love isn’t love
'Til you give it away."
~Oscar Hammerstein, Sound of Music