Friday, June 30, 2006

A birthday...

Tomorrow (July 1st) is Canada Day. We're celebrating 139 years.
Happy Birthday, Canada!


There's been some hat knitting...




and some critter cloth knitting...
...a swan

...a butterfly


When we first moved to this house, there was a glorious calla lily growing in the garden. Several years ago it was accidentally removed and another shrub has grown in the same location. Last week we spotted this blossom pushing through the greenery.



See you next Friday. I hope your week is a peaceful one.






“I read and learned and fretted more about Canada after I left than I ever did while I was home. I absorbed anything I could on topics that ranged from folklore to history to political manifestos... I ranted and raved and seethed about things beyond my control. In short I acted like a Canadian.”
~Will Ferguson