Friday, October 07, 2005

Thanksgiving...

I’ve been knitting on this sideways scarf for the past month and finally completed the last row. I’m not real happy with the colour combination; when the yarns were lying side by side everything looked compatible but knitted up, they don’t seem to get along somehow.


What I am happy with is the stitch pattern. I usually knit these scarves in seed stitch and although I love the woven look it creates, I wanted something a little different. This time I knit a border and centre panel in seed stitch and the rest of the rows in garter. The scarf feels softer and more flexible with this design.

Here’s a close-up of the stitch pattern. There’s 48 rows to the scarf and I used seed stitch for the first 8 rows, 12 rows of garter stitch, 8 rows of seed, 12 rows garter and finished off with 8 rows of seed stitch. I think that adds up to 48.



I'm now working on a HEARTSTRINGS BUNNY for Sarah. The knitting is simple enough - just a 6" square and two ears. It's sewing the beast together that will be the tricky bit. So far all I have is this:





'll say goodbye and hope you'll come back for a visit next Friday.



“Bittersweet October; the mellow, messy, leaf-kicking,
perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer
and winter.”
~Carol Bishop Hipps