Friday, September 30, 2005

Show and Tell...


K took some photos of the many seagulls and starlings that flock to our local park this time of year.

One of the herring gulls giving him the eye:


and a colourful baby starling:


This little chickadee was spotted at the Reifel Bird Sanctuary in Ladner by our intrepid photographer:



The scarf that morphed into a sweater...

Remember this scarf I started two weeks ago?


It wasn't working well so I ripped the yarn out and started a new project - this easy peasy sweater from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Kids Knits. This is the second sweater I've knit from the book:



My first attempt was in shades of blue:



I'm told it's a warm and cozy sweater, easy to pull over the head and not too clingy, all prequisites for a toddler. The trick with the neckline is to cast off with a one-size-larger needle. I altered this design from the original garter stitch to stocking stitch because it looks less bulky and the colours show up nicer. I used two strands of variegated worsted weight yarn in place of the high end, over-priced yarn suggested in the book.

85 Days to Christmas...
and Santa's on his way!

Here's a site where you can COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS and read lots of cool stuff about the holiday season.


Sarah's busy composing a letter and wish list to Santa so I'll say goodbye for this week and wish you peaceful days ahead. See you next Friday.






"Use what talents you possess. The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."
~Henry Van Dyke