Friday, September 16, 2005

Fall Knitting...

I received the Fall edition of Patternworks' catalogue and Sarah is excited about the new lineup of yarns and designs:



I'm mighty tempted by this vest pattern from the catalogue:




This KLEE SCARF intrigues me. It looks like an incredible amount of work for such a long skinny scarf but I am taken by the colours and design.

However, I have an aversion to sewing in all those yarn ends so I'm working one in the round, using up my yarn scraps and small skeins. I'm knitting with worsted weight yarns on 7mm circulars so the scarf will feel light and have a soft drape.



Sarah has been helping me choose the colours:




One of the visitors who expects us to keep our peanut supply always on hand:



The furnace guy came this week for the annual overhaul of our heating system. He said our furnace has another 5 to 7 years of life left of its 35 year life span, which was welcome news.

We also had to call out the fridge brigade because our refrigerator was making the weirdest noise and if that wasn't enough, a pool of water was collecting underneath the bottom crisper drawers. Apparently there was a little doodad that was plugged and causing the overflow.

And the noise? It didn't make one peep through the checkup; just hummed merrily along as if nothing was wrong. We managed to survive the service call with minimal damage to our savings account. The fridge is 29 years old so we know its days are numbered. I have this feeling that our antiquated appliances (which would be most of them except our washing machine) are going to keel over on the same day.




The Reading Circle...

Sarah is enjoying the book club. This week they are reading one of the Paddington Bear stories. There was some discussion about other group members being given the chance to lead the meetings and choose the books. We'll see if that happens.

Enjoy your week and come back next Friday if you can.


"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask,
"Where have I gone wrong?"
Then a voice says to me,
"This is going to take more than one night."
~Charles M. Schulz