Friday, September 09, 2011

Morning Snack...

A new-to-me pattern, this Morning Snack Scarf is a fun knit (Ravelry link)

I used 2 skeins of Bernat Handicrafter in Sun Kissed Ombre and 5mms (US8) for a total of 136 yd / 124 m. Final measurements are 4” x 60” (10 cm x 152 cm)...

My scarf doesn't look like the original, however. I started with 18 sts. then added an extra stitch to the pattern as I didn't like the k2tog. ending, so a different look but just as pretty...

The squirrels are mostly in hiding; I think our warm summery weather has them confused...

Early morning at the harbour...
I can't believe the hydrangeas are already wearing their purple colours. It seems only yesterday that summer was arriving on the coast. I am perpetually astonished when a new season approaches, as if it had never happened before...

I'll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you soon, dear reader.



“You have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by; but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by.”
~ James Matthew Barrie