Friday, March 23, 2018

Spring Spring Spring...

hello dear reader,
we are so ready for this spring!

I've been crocheting some Easter cozies...
The blue cozy is half double crochet stitches, round and round with no joins and finished off with a yellow trim;
for the pink cozy I chain 13 sts. with a 4mm hook and sc in the back loop only for enough rows to fit around the cup, then slip stitch together.  I add two rounds of sc to the bottom.  The top frill is 5dc into first stitch, skip 1 stitch, sc in next stitch and repeat around.  The decorations are stickers with a bit of extra glue to hold them in place.


These are the boxes I store my cozies in (that's our vintage typewriter in the background)...

The bush with white blossoms is blooming beautifully...


and the first hydrangea buds arrived this week.


I hope the weather is behaving where you live, dear reader.  Take care and I hope to see you soon.

"It's spring fever; that is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want -- oh you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
~ Mark Twain