Friday, August 31, 2012

Shades Of Autumn...

It's still a month away but autumn is subtly weaving its spell through our garden and changing the gorgeous blues into yummy mauves and purples...




Our one and only sunflower has survived the rampaging squirrels, so far..



The one small pot of Japanese lantern we planted during winter has managed to fill the planter...



with glorious lanterns in green and orange and gold...



My Claudia Scarf mimics the autumn tones...I used two skeins of Sugar 'n Cream in Countryside Ombre on a 4.5mm hook, 22 sts....



Goldie Bear was hand sewn by a friend who is incredibly skilled at making teddy bears.  Goldie's furry friend is my old pal Basil.  They share a table in the corner of our living room...



I'm going outside now to wander in the garden, so I'll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you soon, dear reader.


“Everyone should take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.”
~ Elizabeth Lawrence