Friday, May 27, 2011

Under Cover...

Our ratty old rubber mat is hidden with my second
Dishrack Cover...

I used the same number of stitches (69) with a seed stitch border and stockinette stitch for the centre...

This cover was also knit from a large Bernat handicrafter skein so I still don't know exactly how many yards / metres it takes to knit. For my next cover I'll use the smaller skeins so I can tell you the amount of yarn you'll need...

These wee flowers are peeping out from under our black currant bushes...

Mama squirrel is busy feeding her young...

We are once again squelching our way through the puddles, with the occasional brief visit from the sun. I like the rain though. I will often open an upstairs window and watch the raindrops falling on the leaves of our willow tree and listen as they plonk, plonk, plonk on the rain gutters; soon enough we will be wilting in summer's heat and looking wistfully at the sky, hoping for a glimpse of a rain cloud on the horizon.

So, I think I'll go potter around the garden and admire the beautiful shades of green on our rain-soaked Douglas fir...

and maybe catch a raindrop or two. I'll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you soon.



“Rain is grace; rain is the sky condescending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.”
~ John Updike