Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer...

and there are apples on the trees...


and flowers in the park…


and fishing boats in the harbour...


As I always seem to knit winter garments in the summer months, I've stayed true to form and completed a Darkside Cowl (scroll down left sidebar for pdf pattern)…


It fits like a charm. I knit the cowl exactly to the pattern specs with 5mms (US8) and Berella 4 in Aqua colourway. The ribs and welts create a smooshy feel – not too loose and not too tight. It's a lovely pattern and I will make more...


We’ve been having some glorious sunny weather after our very wet spring. There’s nothing quite like a midsummer’s day when the sun is shining and the hydrangeas are blooming madly in all directions...


I should have put a small object beside this blossom for size comparison, but you'll just have to take my word for it - our hydrangeas are ginormous!


See you soon, dear reader.



“Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.”
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow