Friday, January 01, 2010

Chocolate...

I've decided to start the new year as I mean to go on...with more chocolate...


My chocolate scarf was knit using the Unscrunchable Scarf pattern with Bernat Berella 4 in Rustic colourway…


When it first came off the needles, the scarf felt stiff and unfriendly, so I killed it with my steam iron. I set the temperature to low and ran the iron over the surface quickly as I didn’t want to scorch it, just make it more pliable. Now my scarf has a soft, silky texture and measures 4-1/2” x 63” (11.7 cm x 160 cm)…


our hydrangeas on a frosty morning...

fog in Steveston harbour…


and a visit from a friend…


So dear reader, I’m off to scrounge through the cupboards for more chocolate. I’ll wish you a Happy New Year and a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.



“There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.”
~ Linda Grayson