Friday, August 07, 2009

Making Do...

My colourful cloth was knit from Bernat Handicrafter leftovers in Playtime and Over The Rainbow colourways…


I used two small rolls of leftovers from each colourway…


I always enjoy throwing colours together but it’s a bit of mystery to the last stitch. You never know whether you’ll create something of beauty or a dog’s breakfast; it could go either way. This time I was lucky, at least I think so; you may not agree and that’s ok too. We have Over The Rainbow on the left, Playtime on the right and my mixed palette in the middle…


We didn’t see the squirrels much during our mini heat wave but now we’re back to normal coastal temps and the furry critters are returning…


The birds are always here…


as are the fishing boats in Steveston harbour…


and the blue hydrangeas in our garden…


So dear reader, I hope you enjoy my wee post. I’m coping with another extended bout of nausea-inducing vertigo and my brain feels thick and woolly most days; that’s my excuse for the lame posts (or lack of posts). Nevermind though, I’m still happy as if I were in my right mind, so that’s something to celebrate, don't you think.

I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday. Take care.



“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”
~Herm Albright