Friday, April 24, 2009

Rolling Meadows...


Rolling Meadows is the name of this Bernat Super Value colourway. I love this yarn; it’s soft, easy to work with and doesn’t pill when washed…


I used my favouritey Unscrunchable Scarf pattern…


This time I started with 28 sts. on my 5mm (US8) needles and used one full skein (275yd / 251m) to make this 6” x 65” (15cm x 165cm) warm and squishy scarf…


Speaking of rolling, K had the opportunity to try out an electric bike recently….


it was so cool I had to try it too…


I didn’t actually ride it though; my balance is too precarious for cycling, but it did feel good to be holding a bike in my hands again. I’m glad I have the memories of all the wonderful rides we had together before illness hit. I’ll have to share more of our cycling adventures with you one day, dear reader.

In the meantime, I'll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.



"After your first day of cycling, one dream is inevitable. A memory of motion lingers in the muscles of your legs, and round and round they seem to go. You ride through Dreamland on wonderful dream bicycles that change and grow."
~H.G. Wells, The Wheels of Chance