Friday, March 23, 2007

Socks...

I’m knitting socks again...



They are not your ‘normal’ socks, complete with heels & gussets. When I reach the spot where I should begin the heel shaping, I continue knitting in the round down to the toes, where I decrease in the usual manner and behold, I have a sock, a heel-less wonder that fits perfectly.

I used Kroy 4-ply and 2.75mm (US2) Bryspun dpns, cast on 56 sts, a K2,P2 rib for 20 rows, then knit until the length reached 16 inches, a round toe decrease and voila, we have a a pair of tube socks with matching stripes…



I haven’t knit a pair of socks since 2002 when I gave up after the bouts of vertigo made it difficult to concentrate on the complexity of heel shaping. Now I’m knitting socks my way. I can manage fine if I’m quick to rest the needles when I feel a vertigo attack starting. Each sock has one or two small boo-boos when I lost my focus, but I love them anyways.

You know I couldn’t stop with one pair. I immediately cast on some Regia Las Vegas and a 5x2 rib…



aren’t they pretty…



and where did I get all this sock yarn, you ask? The Kroy had been languishing in my stash for several years and the rest, well…



it came home from the yarn store with my buddy.


Just so you don’t think this post is all about socks, see the flowers in our garden…



Our daffodils are in full bloom. They looked a little ragged and beaten down this morning because of the heavy rain, so we tied them gently with ribbon...



Drat, I’ve reached meltdown, so I’ll have to stop here. I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday, when I might not talk so much about socks (but I make no promises).






“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” ~Winston Churchill