For some reason I have this urge to fill up the house with small towels, so I'm busy making one after another. These two were knit with a skein each of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton which is 80 yards (73 metres) and makes a tea towel approx. 9” x 12” (23cm x 30.5cm). Mind you, I increased the stitch count to 42 on each towel, so your measurements will differ if you follow the pattern...
The first towel is a cloth pattern called the Laddered Cloth (Ravelry link). I messed up this towel, big time. The pattern consists of only two rows, yet I added a purl row in between each of the two rows, so I was working a four-row pattern all the way through. I have no idea why my brain fluffed this so badly, but the finished towel didn't turn out too awful...
I decided to try another towel from the same designer; this one is called the Bridges Towel (Ravelry link). The only change I made was to add two knit stitches at each end to give a neater edge, which brought the stitch count up to 42....
We've had some beautiful winter sunrises...
along River Road...
and some heavy rainfall too; wee squirrel is soggy but determined to have lunch...
Now I'm off for another long nap, so I'll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.
"You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm." ~ Colette